You'll find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below. Click on the questions to reveal the answers. If your question is not answered below, please contact our student recruitment department at email@example.com
Bronx, NY 10455
T: (718) 901-3855
F: (718) 292-5586
Kindergarten: 72 seats
1st Grade - 5th Grade: between 1-5 seats
Siblings of currently enrolled students will receive sibling preference at the time of the lottery. Two children are siblings if they have the same parent(s) OR live in the same home and custodial care has been transferred to the same guardian(s).
Acceptable documents are as follows:
- Proof for biological sibling preference can include a Birth Certificate or Certificate of Adoption.
- Proof for a transfer of custodial care must include a Birth Certificate, non-custodial parent affidavit (signed by the custodial parent) and a parent affidavit (signed by the parent).
Find links to forms here.
Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School gives enrollment preference to students who reside in Community School District 8 (CSD8).
To check the district in which you reside, click here.
The following documents are acceptable as proof for district preference:
- An official lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential water or utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by National Grid, Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority; must be dated within 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; a letter on the employer’s letterhead will not be accepted; must be dated within the past 60 days
Students who reside in approved NYCHA Housing Developments (within 2 miles of the school to which you’re applying) will be awarded “NYCHA” preference at the time of the lottery.
The following documents are acceptable as proof for NYCHA preference:
- NYCHA Lease Addendum
- NYCHA Household Composition Letter
The following NYCHA developments qualify for this preference:
- 1010 E 178 Street
- 1471 Watson Ave
- Bentaces I
- Bentaces II
- Bentaces III
- Bentaces IV
- Boston Road Plaza
- Bronx River
- East 165 St - Bryant Ave
- Monsignor E. Roberts Moore
- Mott Haven
- President John Adams
- President William McKinley
- Saint Mary's Park
- Sonia Sotomayor
- South Bronx Area(Site 402)
- Stebbins Avenue-Hewitt Place
Children who have a parent or guardian that works at any Public Prep school or network office at the time of the lottery will be given enrollment preference. The parent does not need to work at the school to which the student is applying.
- Proof for this preference includes the child’s birth certificate and confirmation of the parent’s current employment.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:50am-4:00pm
Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School partners with many after school programs in the neighborhood. Registration and questions should be directed to the individual program.
See the list of programs and contact information here.