Following the North Star of College Completion, Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School commits to college graduation for every student. Starting in pre-kindergarten, we prepare scholars, with skills they will need to effectively chart a course towards college completion and beyond.
Setting the Self-Expectation of College Completion
- Public Prep contributes $50 annually for every scholar who opens a tax-exempt NY529 College Savings Account.
- Students sign a “Commitment to College Completion” each year.
- Students learn about their classroom “Namesakes,” who serve as role models for our students to relate to, admire, and study.
College Knowledge Coursework
- In all grade levels, our curriculum encourages students to develop time management, goal-setting, decision making, and other skills critical to college success.
- The school hosts bi-weekly Unity Meetings: school-wide celebrations of achievements and character traits essential for college completion.
- Girls Prep hosts an annual College & Career Week in May, inviting professionals to come and speak about the college and career experiences.
- Girls Prep students in all grades step foot on at least one college campus each year.